portable storage

kio500

Quick question, has anyone used a Digital Partner Data Bank portable storage

device? If not, could you let me know of a good storage device and do you think

it's really necessary to be able to "see" the photos on one? Thank you!

Elizabeth

Well Elizabeth, I like the ones were I can see the pictures.

When I shoot weddings out of the country I don't like taking my laptop anymore because it is such a pain. I have an Archos, but I am fixing to get the new Epson P3000 because it lets me view Raw too which my Archos won't. The nice thing about those storage devices is that I upload a few movies to watch on my trip and when I get to my destination I delete them and have more then enough room to store and secure my pictures. I never delete the memory cards until I am home and copied the files to my computer and burned them on DVD.

Sometimes I even burn the files to DVD in Europe and then FedEx the DVD's to myself, but I am overly protective I think :)

I've used the Hyperdrive in the past... its very fast ( transfer from card).. AA batts

( rechargeable). no viewable screen.. I'm thinking about getting the Sanho Space or Nexto

Ultra.. anyone out there used either? for me "seeing" the photos is not necessary. I really only

need to do a quick backup during the wedding.. it makes it easier when I finally sit down to

copy/edit photos on the MAC... ... thanks.........