Interesting Photoshop Technique

Shhhh, I can't tell you, it's a secret :p

Firstly, both those shots are TtV shots (Through the Viewfinder). You take a 'bottom' camera (typically an old tlr like a kodak duaflex in my case) and take a picture of what you see through the viewing glass (or ground glass) with your main camera (in my case a nikon d50). There is a bit more to it than that ... but them's the basics as they say.

Google 'TtV' or 'through the viewfinder' and you'll find loads more info.

Oh, and yes, texture layers.

Catherine. Hope you don't mind me using the forum... got no reply to my email :-(

Just loved your work so much I had to know how it is done so that I can try it myself :D

Anyhow, Wow, wow, wow... it all becomes clear. Thanks so much for the insight I love the

ingenuity. Just need to get myself an old kodak now!

Thanks again!

Ah, sorry Stewart - I have emails backed-up for weeks now! I used to be on the ball answering them but I've become really slack - I apologise :) I'll make a concerted effort start replying to everyone again *hangs head in shame*

On the duaflex front, I got mine for ?2.50 from ebay ... it doens't have to be an expensive technique!

Try out the flickr group on ttv for more info - you'll need to get crafty and build yourself a contraption to block out light ... you look right daft wandering around the streets with it but it's fun! You can find out what other bottom cameras people are using too - and what kind of lens you'll need to take them (generally you need a macro lens, but close-up filters work too).

flickr group: Through the Viewfinder