Mamiya Users Group

mrwestphal

No, The site is no more. I posted a query on this site several weeks ago and did not get much reaction. It is not just Mamiya,- Toyo and sekonic users as well have lost a wealth of information. O.K. I can understand that the pro TL is no longer sold, but the MAMIYA site was my first search for queries, pertaining to my RZ, my PRO TL, and especialy my sekonic meters. It's passing marks a pivotal point in the new digital world. I suppose what saddens me the most is that it's passing has gone so unnoticed. Nothing in life is free, I just bought a 110 2.8 lense for my PRO TL for $65.00. The price for that lense was however, much higher.

This is really a shame, especially as I have a ton of 645 Pro stuff I foolishly bought a few years ago, and now cannot resell. I guess I have to go shoot a bunch of film while I can still get it. I really, really liked the Mamiya forum--people there were professional, polite and knowledgeable.

Truth is, I LIKE digital, but I can't get a back for the Pro at any kind of reasonable price.

Ok, here is the reply from Mamiya:

Dear Mr. Westphal:

The Mamiya website is soon to be overhauled, and the User Forum has been suspended. It is not known at the present time whether or not it will return, but the archive has been preserved because it contains so much information. It is possible that at least the archive will become accessible in the future.