Leica Hektor 135mm f/4.5 filter size ??

ken_wayne1

Ken -- As Leica prices go the 135mm f/4 Tele-Elmar is a bargain. It's an outstanding lens and sells for around $300. The Hektor, named for Max Berek's dog, is a very good lens originally designed in 1933. It is surpassed by the 1960 Elmar and the 1965 Tele-Elmar. This helps explain the very low price for the Hektor.

Ken: Not all of the 135 f:4.5 Hektor lenses take the 39mm filter. The early thread mount ones used an A36 filter. As to your request as to which lenses use the 39mm filter, quite a wide range of them, depending on vintage and version of the lens. Some include the 35 Summicron, 35 Summaron, 50 Elmar, 50 Summicron, 90 Elmar, older 90 Elmarit, 90 Tele-elmarit, 135 Hektor, later 135 Elmar to name a few.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply Mark. The serial number on the front of the hektor that I have says Nr.1238879. And I have a little orange filte and a little UVA that fits onto that lens. So does that serial number help to tell you the size of the filter? I appreciate all the help on this. thanks, Ken

If the filter is threaded, measure across the threads with a millimeter ruler. It would be either 34mm for an old one, or 39mm for a newer one. Leica 34mm filters are rare, 39mm (E39) are very common.

If the filter slips on over the lens, and has a clamp screw, it's A36, and the inside diameter will be 36mm.