50mm Summilux Black Paint

This is an old-ish post and maybe no one will pick up on it, but I'm still equally and

possibly more confused than the original poster. Isn't it the case that there was both an

"ordinary" black paint version of the pre-asperic Summilux 50/1.4 (which I believe is what

the link to Ffordes in the earlier post shows) *and* a limited black paint LHSA 50/1.4 in

the aspheric version <http://www.theclassiccamera.com/hermes/shop/23,1,100> (third

item down)?

I'm interested because I'm trying to decide whether to go for the gnurled focus ring

version (available I believe in only the two black paint current versions) or the focus ring

plus tab of the current asperical version...

--alun

there has been only ever been Three black paint 50/1.4 summiluxes

1. Special order vintage 50/1.4 Black Paint lenses - there are very rare and come part

black paint and black anodised. the really early ones come with a brass mount

2. The 50/1.4 LHSA pre-ASPH black paint lens. These were first released with the M6

Millennium along with the 35/2.0 ASPH black paint lens. This 50/1.4 has a built in lens

hood and the chucky knurled focus ring. These were not "ordinary" or a regular

production. Some of these were made available with the LHSA M6TTL black paint cameras

with non-matching serial numbers (unlike the Millennium)

3. The 50/1.4 ASPH Black Paint LHSA lens that came with the release of the MP3. These

have a separate hood in the old style with knurled ring and mount cross serations at the

base of the exterior mount closely similar to the original vintage lenses. These were

limited to a 500 unit production run