remote trigger for D70

art_kramer

Sell D70 and get D70S, then you will have a socket to trigger the camera via an external triggering device connected to that socket. You wil need then Pocket Wizards and appropriate cables. There was another less expensive solution with limitted range introduced recently. I believe that device was on B&H or Adorama site.

Sounds like the remote you have is the wireless ML-L3. Actually, you don't have to be in front of the camera body but you can't be behind it either. I find it works if the remote is parallel to the left side of the camera body. Still, pretty awkward.

I believe the MC-DC1 works on the D70. That is a wire remote plug-in. Since it has a wire, obviously it works behind the camera, too. The cost is pretty inexpensive. As they say, available at camera stores everywhere (but call around first).

Hi Art...I have a D70, NOT a 70s and have the wireless remote. It works fine, and you DO have to have the remote in the line of sight with the sensor in front. It works about 15 feet away. It cost me $18.99 at a larger photo store in Madison Wisconsin.

Mark

You need to be more than 15 feet way? I presume this is so you can get far enough away not to scare the birds?

If so, maybe you need to consider a blind to cover both yourself and the camera. Blinds can be bought pretty cheaply and certainly work. Check out Angel Pulido Domínguez's portfolio and then look at his photos of his technique (at the bottom of the portfolio page).