Imacon / Hasselblad preventive maintenance

Dear photo.net<br>

I am the very happy owner of a second hand Imacon Flextight 646 which I found way out in California and

brought back to Italy and have been happily scanning away since. However, now the scanner is loudly

telling me that I need to send it in for preventive maintenance - which I believe is after a year has passed

or a certain number of scans, whichever comes first.<br>

However, since Imacon/Hasselblad started restructuring their after sales network quite a few years ago,

many service centers closed. The Hasselblad website section for Imacon maintenance centers has been

"Under Construction" for months now. Furthermore, sending this monolith of a scanner packaged

anywhere is a very large shipment.<p>

So the question is, can anyone share their preventive maintenance experience? What does it entail, does it

improve scans, is it worth the hassle. And above all, where in Hassie-land did you get it done?! Shipping

that monster off once a year for it to receive a wipe-down with an anti-static cloth, I can do myself.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm in ireland, and met a really helpful man who has had business with imacon since their

inception. he's a fountain of knowledge and very helpful.

michael sheldon at sheldon photgraphic tel -353 1 8454021

i have a feeling that he's going to tell you that it's a basic spring cleaning and if you are

competent you could probably handle it yourself. good luck.

i'm still trying to get my G4 powerbook to talk to my imacon. any advice!