to Sarah yet, so she might not like it. dejavu photography...what do you

think? I know the accent marks are missing, but work with me. I thought of

several "slogans" to go with it, but which do you like best? dejavu

photography: relive your moment; revisit your moment; you've been there

before, go there again; taking you back; not the feeling you've been there,

the feeling you are there (too long, I think) Opinions on the name and

slogan, if you like the name, please.

"Opinions on the name and slogan, if you like the name, please."

I'm not sure if this means not to comment if you don't like it, but here goes. Well, I don't really like it. There is a strip club in my town called dejavu. And, when I heard your slogans, it made me think of divorce and remairage.

I don't mean to sound negitive, just honest with my feedback. I think I liked the other names better.

I didn't think of the divorce and remarriage thing :( I mean I guess since I will be doing portraits, too, that I was just thinking of photography all together...going back to your moment...as in revisiting it through the photo. I just like it. As always, I appreciate all honest answers though. Getting someone else's perspective on things is always helpful, especially when you are partial to something...makes you realize everyone doesn't see it the way you do.

It may be the same ole, same ole, but not here. Everyone keeps suggesting to use my name, but you are all forgetting that I have a partner in this, so to associate the business with only one of us, hardly seems fair. We live in Mississippi, and I googled dejavu photography+mississippi and there wasn't one. We aren't going to be traveling around the country, and probably not very far around the state, aside from our neighboring communities and towns...I guess what I am saying is, that this would be an original around here...no dejavu strip clubs to associate it with or other photographers using this name, so with all that said, do you all still dislike the idea. I value the opinions or else I wouldn't ask for them, but at the end of the day, we all know that it is what makes me comfortable, and Sarah comfortable, and what we feel will work for us. You guys don't know the area or the people around here, and I guess that makes a big difference in what will work as a name and slogan...it would work here and be very original here. I just like it :)

What about Berry Bell, or Berry & Bell, or Bell-and-Berry? I know that was suggested on your other thread and I really like those names... I'm actually kind of jealous that the two of you have such cool-sounding names :)

Anyway, if you do go with dejavu (which I don't like nearly as much as some combination of your names) I would say "relive your moment" is the best slogan... all the others don't give the right image, for me, to someone who's still *looking forward* to her/his moment.

Melissa,

I didn't mean to offend, I just wouldn't pick Dejavu myself, because it seems to be a negative word. Not because of any strip club, but in it's own feel.

Is Dejavu a good thing? To me, when I experience Dejavu it a little disturbing. My brain is backfiring on me. "I think this happened before, but it couldn't have.. Am I going nuts?"

I'm only trying to help.. :)

-Ed

I agree about the last names... assuming the names are Bell and Berry, those are great! "Berry & Bell Photography" "Bell & Berry Photography", "B&B Photography" all sound better than dejavu photography... just my opinion. I think names are a good thing for a small photography business...especially weddings. It's more personal than a "studio name". People know there's real people there and relate easier. <p>

DejaVu is a word that's often associated with confusion or disorientation... <p>

Here's a couple defintions off the web...<p>

"2. disagreeable familiarity or sameness"<br>

"something overly or unpleasantly familiar"<p>

It just doesn't work for me. But as you said, it's about what you like. It just seems there's strong sentiment here against dejavu.

Not that you haven't had enough negetive responses to your name but it sounds really "80's" to me. Sorry, you probably worked hard to come up with it but if something about my business seemed old school (and not in the good way), I'd want someone to tell me. Good luck..stick with using your names...it portrays confidence to your clients :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys...and I wasn't at all offended, Ed. I didn't mean to come off that way. I really do want everyone's feedback b/c it is important to know how others associate a name...if none of you like it, then it might mean that no one around here will like it. It is just so different when you live in a really small town, b/c marketing is mainly by word of mouth. We don't have to worry about some of the things that people in a larger area might have to. I just thought that deja vu was so unique and it means "already seen" in French, so it made sense to me. We may think of a different direction now...I will have to talk to Sarah, but I still don't like our last names together.

Melissa,

I have to say I really like both your real names, Berry and Bell! In either order.

I like the slogan, revist the moment, but dejavu is just a little disturbing to contemplate.

Maybe you could design a logo of a bell shaped berry?? Or a bell with a berry clapper?