Best part of Wedding Photography?

steve.elliott

The music!

"Celllllabraaaaation! Come on!"

Seriously, I like the challenge of having one chance -- no indecision, no do-evers, right here, right now -- to make meaningful photographs that will make people happy. To me, rising to that challenge is a real high.

Getting paid for it is nice, too.

Marc My favorite is Dancing Queen by Abba... UGH! I will take Celebration over Abba any day. I was out shopping this past week and heard it TWICE in two different stores. I swear, it's haunting me!

Honestly, my favorite thing about wedding photography is interacting with the families and seeing everyone have a great time. Everyone is happy 99.9% of the time. What other profession gets to work with happy people all the time?

Another favorite is when the clean-up-crew gives the vendors the fresh flower arrangements to take home. Doesn't happen too often, but it is still a nice little perk when it does.

And last but not least... We get paid to go to a party every weekend! How cool is that?

Marc and Ashley, how about Girls Just Wanna Have Fun? *sigh* I'm definitely not in this for the music or the wedding cake. The food is pretty good, tho. I end up gaining a few pounds during wedding season. LOL!

The best part to me is knowing how much my work will be treasured by my brides...even if I'm long forgotten, my work was meaningful, and was able to freeze a moment, a feeling, a storyline in time that will always be looked back upon with nostalgia. I love that.

I liked the one chance answer too...it's stressful to do-or-die, but it is a rush too, isn't it? I'm still looking for good ways to wind down after a busy 8hour wedding!!! LOL.

Ok Food? I'm not into the food! It's almost always chicken! uggg! Hey, can't forget about the YMCA! Oh, and the occasional Chicken Dance!

I'm not sure what it is about weddings or photography in general, but I can't go to sleep after a wedding or playing in the woods somewhere, pretending to be a wanna be Ansel Adams, without completely reviewing every single image, editing, and saving the work to dvd's. Guess it is some sort of natural high. Or sickness!

So to summarise...

"The food."

"The smiles/tears when the bride has her first look (at the photographs.)"

"Being able to justify all my photography equipment purchases."

"We get paid to go to a party every weekend! How cool is that?"

If I can relax and get the technical side down I really think I'd love this as a profession - certainly part-time. I particularly liked the last one.

Thanks for inspiring me.

Working on an extended body of work with fabulous subjects where the process is

complex and the end result is tangible and high quality.

There are highlights to savour and I really enjoy the banter with the wedding party when

I'm shooting. From an image making point, I enjoy the bride's preparation most and often

wish I could stay longer.

Knowing that my photography stands in support of Family and Commitment and the positive Celebration of those elements.

Wedding photography lives on and moves forward with a family as an anchor point.

Wedding photography preserves family images and carries strength forward through generations find family identity in viewing the images as time passes.

That's staying in the positive which is what you were asking for in the thread.

Seeing the happy smiles, from the B&G & families> as we guide them through their day. We coordinate most of the coverage, if they allow us, and make their wedding event so much easier...which in turn produces more relaxed, smiling shots/