D200 with Interfit EX150 fires just once

michael_danna

I've just acquired a D200 with an Interfit EX150 studio flash system. With the sync cord attached to the

softbox, the flash only fires the first time. It won't fire in successive increments, even though the flash has

recycled. Is there a setting on the D200 that will allow the softbox to fire each time the shutter is tripped.

BTW, not using rear shutter mode.

<<With the sync cord attached to the softbox, the flash only fires the first time. >>

Help us out... how are you defining "the first time" there?

In what sense is an unsuccessful firing attempt a "second time"?

What do you do to get back to "first time" status so that the flash again fires (once but not twice, evidently)?

Be well,

I had the same problem, and just returned mine to Interfit, but the behaviour was consistently as follows:1

1) fires first time, but not subsequently

2) Press test button - No flash

3) Press test button again - Flash

4) Try camera again - Flash

5) Try camera again - No flash - go back to step 2

I've tried with the following cameras: Fuji9600, Fuji6900Zoom, Nikon D40. Behaviour is consistent across all cameras.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
I had the same problem with EX150 and D200. To achive successive flashes, I tried plugging out and plugging in the PC sync cable each time, with limited success (this workaround was working half of the time). Then I bought a cheap remote trigger and the problem is gone. Thus, in my opinion, the problem is with Interfit's synch cable, maybe its too long or not shielded correctly.

Hmm... I rented a pair of Interfit monolights for a job a few years ago. They worked perfectly with my FM2N and F3HP. I didn't do any rapid fire shooting, but did make exposures as soon as I heard the audio "flash ready" signal.

You might want to try Volkan's suggestion to get a remote. Once you're free of the cord you won't want to go back.

• 2 months later...