Hi,

i am new to the digital slr i just buy a fuji s3 pro and know i need to buy a

lens for it but as i sad before i'm new to this and i ask i friend and he told

me to buy a tamron 28-300 but prefer nikkor lens and don't know what to buy ? i

need a general lens i just bigging in the slr world can some one help me out

please thanks for reading my thread

Regard

Tony

I'd look at either the 18-70DX if you're on a budget or the 17-55 f2.8 DX if you're not.

The 28-300's got no wide and isn't exactly a great performer on film or digital. Superzooms are always a compromise, and the compromise is speed and optical quality are given up for zoom range and size.

thanks to all

but as i sad i am new to digital slr the thing is the last year i had the pegend of me daughter and i was like 40meters far and when i take a picture with the camera that i had 200 dollar cam it didn't focus and i trow it away that's way i need something that is reasonable good and i went on the net and buy the s2 pro now the lens i need is for general purpose also i need something to reed a good book to get stated and to learn the f stops and thing like that thanks in advance for the help

Regard

Tony

I don't know if you want new or used or what kind of buget your on but here are my buget picks.Shop on e-bay carefully and you can get a Nikon 28-105f/3.5-4.5D a Nikon 70-300f/4.5-5.6D ED and a Nikon 50mm 1.8D. You can get ALL THREE of these lenses for under $500 and they wiil handle almost every type of photography you might want to shoot.They are also very good lenses with outstanding image quality, just make sure they are all "D" spec lenses so all the camera metering tools will work.Good luck

All lenses have their specs on the lens body.For example the focal length is 28-105mm the f stop or lowest apeture ranges are 3.5-4.5 and the "D" would be the lenses type depending on the sensors,lens build, camera types etc.So a "D" spec lens would read 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5D,the D should be the last letter in the line expect in the case of the 70-300mm lens I mentioned.It will read 70-300 1:4.5-5.6D ED.The ED is for the type of glass use in the lens which is supposed to help image quality.In my last note I belive I typed in the lenses specs as you should see them on the lens barrel.The 50mm 1:1.8D you can still get new for about $100.But the other lenses have been recently discontinued so you wiil have to shop on ebay or some other online store to get them.Look to spend between $150-$200 for each of these lenses,make sure you shop around and get them in the best condition possible.I have had good sucsess buying from shutterblade on ebay but there are plenty of other sellers to choose from.IF you want help getting started see if a collage or photographer near you has a photography class and sign up.Other wise get a book on exposure and one on composition and the manual for your camera and go from there,Good luck....

Hi wyman thanks for your help but i am getting the grip also i broth 18-105 and also 28-300 all nikkor to get started but here in Malta we have a lot to shot at but you have to learn by your own that's the pity part because the island is so smole that you can't find a school to teach you photography and a lot of history like knight's of Malta and things like that.thanks and best of regards tony