PLEASE HELP: Unexpected quit of Eye-One Match Calibration!

I cry for help...

I've installed Eye-One Match Calibration software for the device to calibrate my

monitor.

However, then I try to load the soft, it opens the initial "cover page" and then

shut downs noting the Mac OS X message - "the application Eye-One Match quit

unexpectedly".

I've tried to use reparation of Mac OS X and even reinstalled the Mac OS X,

however it does not help. Similar problems I had with Photoshop CS3 Bridge

application, which I finally removed. But this did not help to solve my problem

with Eye-One.

Do you have any advises how I could load this application, so I could calibrate

my monitor. ???

I have searched on web how to deal with this problem, there was one advise that

I should insall a desktop printer and then this should be solved. I do have plug

and play printer, but this doe snot solves the problem.

I download the Eye One Match v3.6.1 application from www.gretagmacbeth.com, install it on

my system from an account with administrator privilege (Mac OS X v10.4.8 running on

PowerBook G4 and Power Mac G5). No difficulties that I can detect. Same with the Adobe

Photoshop CS3 beta.

Something in your system configuration is awry, it's difficult to say what without a lot more

information.

Godfrey

I've updated the OS X, downloaded again the Eye-One, reinstalled - no help :( same problem...

Maybe there are some over left files (registers) in the system which causes this problems? but then, anyone can help me with a good system maintainance application, which manages such problems? th PC has Tune Up Utilities, but such I did not see for Mac.

Look for the preferences folder and delete it. It is in

<YourHomeFolder>/Library/Preferences

(~/Library/Preferences if you know Unix shell notation.)

There is a folder there named EyeOneMatch and a few files starting with EyeOneMatch.

Delete them, or at least move them to your desktop and restart.

I don't know if this will work, but many crashes on startup in Mac OS X can be cured by

deleting corrupted preference files.

I have experienced the same problem with one of my macs in the studio. It worked fine on one G5 but I could not make it work on the other one. Then I found a Note on Gretagmacbeth support page, saying Eye-One match will Quit like this when no desktop printer is installed. Some kind of fault that will be fixed in a future release, it says...

Anyway the truth is that the Mac it currently works on has a printer connected but the one where ione match quits has not any printers connected to it.

Please try and see if this is the case and let me know. I'll try installing a printer to the other one.

Hope it helps

Dear George,

I've tried to install the printer, but it did not help. How about you - have you find abother sollution?

I have heard that such problem arises because of USB 2,0 ports. If you setup the USB ports as 1,0, the problem should be solved. but I do not know how to make such setup

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem on a few computers. Two macbook pro's and one macpro. Always the same pattern. Running osx 10.5.4 and eyeone match 3.6.1. Always get the message: "the application Eye-One Match quit unexpectedly" when it's about to finish it's measurements. I have printers set up on all those computers so thats not the problem. And there are no usb 1.0 ports on them either.

Anyone managed to fix this problem?

• 7 months later...

<p>I contacted Panone regarding this. They first adviced me to :</p>

<p>1 . Hold the "CONTROL" key and click on the Eye-One Match program icon.<br /> <br /> 2. In the pull-down menu, select "'Show Package Contents."<br /> <br /> 3. Navigate to "Contents/Mac OS/Config."<br /> <br /> 4. Double-click on the Config file to open in TextEdit.<br /> <br /> 5. Add the following line (without the quotes): "SkipSoftDDC=1 "</p>

<p>That didn't work but you can give it a try.<br>

Then they sent me a link to a new version: <a href="http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=788&Action=support&SoftwareID=724" target="_blank">http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=788&Action=support&SoftwareID=724</a><br>

That worked for me</p>

<p>Good luck<br>

Frímann</p>

• 1 year later...

<p>I'm having the same issue. Tried all the solutions above. After numerous scans (printer strips) i1 Match either unexpectantly quits or stalls before creating a profile. The one profile that did complete - imatch reported it was deviant. Don't remember having this problem last version but can't download that version any longer. We are using Macpros OS 10.5.8. Xrite says the newest version 3.6.3 is compatible with Leopard and Snow leapard both. Has anyone found a solution or reason this is happening?<br>

Thanks,<br>

Marlene</p>