Good place to buy used Contax 645 glass?

anthony_r

Hi all. I"m looking to get at least a 140mm for my Contax 645 and the used market has been a long time

coming and a scam or two nearly. Other than the usual (B&H, ebay) have you any good ideas about where

I might find some lenses without having to fork over full retail on discontinued glass? KEH has been a cold

spot also.

Thanks

The next stop Is ebay.com [bUYER BEWARE] you have store on ebay ,Like shutterblade, keh., adorama., Now lets opens the eyes on the following! Deal with only those that give you the ablity to return the goods after you recieve and inspect the item to be as stated! IF you look thru this thread on photo net you will find good and bad reports of sellers on ebay.com.

So that about what I can tell ,yes I have been snookered myself also but made me a better buyer,I think:):):)

good luck and may you find what you want and at the price that makes you happy::::):):)

Anthony,

I know that buying on ebay can be risky, but I have been fortunate with my purchases.(you do have to be careful) I bought a 140mm for my C645 and it was like new, in the box, papers, case, plastic bags even.Paid in $$'s what Ffordes want in pounds. Have purchased Flash Grip, Battery pack and backs/inserts to name a few.

Unfortunately buying photo gear in the UK is like buying oceanfront Real Estate in Hawaii.(one of the most expensive in the western world).

Colin, yes I've been very fortunate in the past and most recently got a most excellent deal on

a Polaroid back from ebay. It's just been many moons that I have been trying to get my hands

on one of these lenses with no luck. I guess I'll just keep waiting and hoping. Anyone seen

that place in Nuremberg Germany that asks a fortune for their Contax stuff? Who buys from

these guys? I'd be happy to get a nice condition lens for $800, but I keep missing out so far.

Good luck to me.

I just placed a bid on ebay for a 140 last week or so, but the price was too good to be true,

and I retracted it after examining the seller's history of "losing items in shipping."

I long for the days when one could go to the camera store and actually try out these

lenses! I'm having difficulty deciding between a 140, a 210, and a nonexistent 120 makro.

there was a 140 on b&h in good condition for a long time. I believe it was selling at $900.

that's the best deal one could hope for at this point

I got my 120 Makro on the 'bay, no problems at all with the transaction. Perfect condition, with case etc. Weirdly no-one else bid for it, so I paid the reserve price which was a few hundred squids short of my maximum bid!

The Contax 45-90/4.5 is rarer than hens teeth tho', it seems.

Lisa, I dealt with that ass-hat too, or one like him.

Again, I almost had one at a decent price but was sniped in that last few seconds. I've been

debating the one at b&h for awhile - think it's gone now however. I think I have found one at

precision camera in Austin. For the record, I've had great results with ebay in the past 7

years, just none lately with this particular lens.

• 3 months later...