The M8 I saw today

blowingsky

Just came back from lunch in Sherman Oaks. Saw a man with an M8 and an R28mm

adapted to it with a big rectangular shade and a Voigtlander viewfinder. It

looked about as big as any current digital SLR with a mid-range zoom. He was

happy, though. Said he has a software program that handles the magenta cast.

Looked like he needed a tripod. With sandbags.

Anyway, rather than wait for your response, let me tell you what I had for lunch today. A lousy pastrami sandwich.

How difficult is it to screw up a simple pastrami on rye with mustard recipe? Apparently very dificult. Outside of NYC, I have only accidentally stumbled upon a couple of places in Kaliphornia that do justice to this staple of NYC that could potentially be made anywhere equally well. Incompetence and poor standards are all over the place if you look for them.

I had a meatball panini, salad and ice tea. I'm supposed to be rigorously working at getting my cholestrol down, but I figure that I am supposed to be doing LOTS of things that I probably never will. I am supposed to never shoot a film camera without testing it first. Well, that went by the wayside as soon as I got out of Fred Picker's Zone System Class way back in the early 70's.

Nels, It was a vintage Orange Pekoe with a rather sassy nose full of black currant and cherry with a hint of saffron and a galloping lemon pepper finish. Ice cubes were hand carved from the Fitchner Ice Shelf. Unfortunately, the ice tea was brutally overpowered by the meatball Panini which screamed for a hoppy ale, but alas, a work day.

"Outside of NYC, I have only accidentally stumbled upon a couple of places in Kaliphornia that do justice to this staple of NYC that could potentially be made anywhere equally well. Incompetence and poor standards are all over the place if you look for them."

Try organically grown fuits and nuts. California specializes in that. :-)