Newton's Rings and Epson V750 Pro Scanner

If you had bigger surface, I would recommend you to save money and use thin layer of

antistatic film cleaner (Film Kleen is the exact name of the product.) on both sides and

cover with transparent foil (acetate). No need to tape it on the glass, because it sticks to

glass by itself when you push out the bubbles with wipe. You just need overlap of about

1-2 inches around. Never had sign of Newton rings on 80+Mb RGB 8 Bit scans. That's

what I use on the Topaz on regular mounting glass. I tried anti newton spray long time

ago, but don't remember the name. You spray just a tiny layer very fast from 12-16 inch

distance on emulsion side and tape film on the glass (emulsion down). It was easily

cleaned with a film cleaner afterwards. Reason I stopped to use the spray was high cost. I

can't guarantee that all sprays work the same, but that was my experience.

I use a 4990 and was tormented with NRs for a while until I made my own 8x10 film holer.<BR>I found a piece of cardboard that was about the thickness of the plastic film holders, cut a hole that is a little smaller than the film sheet and another cut that mimics the shape of the film holders upper end - the end that sits closest to the lid hinge - you need to do this or the scanner won't recognize the new cardboard film holder. <BR> I tape down the corners of the film to stretch it horizontal as much as possible. The film is held over the glass quite nicely and I haven't had a NR problem since.