photoshop CS2 book?

i am new to photoshop and after an excellent book on retouching and fixing up images, as most of my

work is portraits. so anything useful for portrait work would be great. i have the infamous big CS2 for

Photographers that i find excellent, but im wondering if there is a similar classic for portraits and re-

touching. i have come across "Photoshop Restoration and Retouching" by Katrin Eismann. Does anyone

know about it? If someone can list at least 3 of the must read books on Photoshop CS2, that would be

great. thank you

My favorite Photoshop book is: "Photoshop CS2 for Advertising and Marketing: Secrets from an Entertainment Advertising Insider (Paperback)" by Daniel O. Sorenson, ISBN: 0321350286.

Mr. Sorenson is an excellent teacher. The five project he discusses are real world examples that are highly practical and professional. While I am neither an advertising nor a marketing guy, I have learned a lot of nondestructive techniques from this book that I use everyday. His masking techniques are particularly useful.

Jens

You can't go wrong with books by Katrin Eismann. "Photoshop Restoration and Retouching" is probably the best suited for your needs. Another book, "Photoshop Masking and Compositing" provides valuable methods for using the unique power of Photoshop - selection, masking and layers. For general information on Photoshop tools and color management, I suggest "Photoshop CS2 for Photographers" by Martin Evening.

Also consider the <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FPhotoshop-Photo-Effects-Cookbook-Shelbourne%2Fdp%2F0596100221%2Fsr%3D8-1%2Fqid%3D1165237756%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Dbooks&tag=cyclingshots-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325">Photoshop Cookbook</a> series. There are several and all have the same spirit of "show me how" that's found in Scott Kelby's Photoshop for Digital Photography Books.

<p>

Cheers!