w/nw "BlowUp" Reprise... this might be the "best resolution" my components can do...

johnnycake_.1

Leica M4 w/ Summicron 35/2 ASPH @ f/5.6 (or 8) on Ilford Pan F+ @ ISO 50 developed in D-76 1:1. The

first photo is a full-frame scan of the negative. The second photo is a crop of the people in the center

adjoining the brick building.

I would be interested the "best resolution" others might be willing to submit.<div>00J4G7-33866184.jpg.ea7619a7d94125fce01d6e5d1678b9ae.jpg</div>

Adrian.

I inadvertently left the scanning information out. My image was scanned with my new

Nikon Coolscan 9000 at maximum resolution and fineness.

Martin.

That was taken with a Minox? What are the details? And how did you get the scan? I

never got good with my Minox.

Andy.

I'm impressed. Field of view of a 135mm, huh? I could live with it. The best "reason" that

I have seen to date to buy an M8.

Johnnycake, yes, the picture was taken with Minox B, Agfa Copex Rapid film @EI 25, film developed in SPUR Developer: 1+9 dilution 9,5 mininutes, 20 degree C, Minox Tank.<P>

Enlarged with Minox enlarger to 8x10", scanned with flat bed scanner

at 300 dpi obtain 2400x3000 scan from a 8mm x 11 negative. <P>

The mail box occupied about 0.8mm across on film.<P>

With my CanoScan FS4000, I can only get a 1260 x1730 scan<P>

Perhaps I need to invest in a 9000dpi film scanner

The dimension of portion of the negative used for the second photo, the crop, is 1.5x.9mm,

according to Photoshop.

The big advantages of the Nikon Coolscan 9000, and the reasons I bought it, is the ability to

scan two strips of 6 frames/35mm without having to "reload" and I can now scan 120 film in

its' various permutations. It does seem to be faster than my now deceased Polaroid

SprintScan 4000.

Is the crop factor of the M8 1.33 or 1.5? Which viewfinder frame "comes up" with a 90mm?