How would you fix this?

disneyry

So I took my new 24-70mm to a wedding that I attended last weekend. The posted

photo is how I found out that the lens hood blocks the pop-up flash on my 20d.

I figured that I would ask the professionals; How would you fix this?

Any and all hints/suggestions would be appreciated. And, I'd be happy to send

the RAW file to anyone that would like to play with it.

Thanks in advance!<div>00J4P7-33869884.thumb.jpg.cf355da6ebec946cdb24a9f9900766df.jpg</div>

I wasn't the photographer, I was a guest. And, didn't want to be "that guy" at the wedding, so I went minimal with the equipment.

Mike: I'll be able to send you the RAW image tonight.

Emmanouil: That looks like a big step in the right direction. Care to reveal your secret?

I'm just cracking up over Uncle Bob's comment. Just what I was thinking!

When I was just starting out years ago(before I could afford the 580ex), I made this same mistake when I used a fish eye attachtment. Luckily I was able to catch it early on. I only used the attachment in natural light after that. So you aren't the only one :)

Another contribution ...

The shortened version of "how to fix this"....

~Select the other side of the face and move it "to the Darkside".

~Use masking, transform warp, opacity changes, dodge and some stamp tool to rebuild areas needed on eye, hair, skin.

~Only allow "the Darkside" ear to show very subtly then add ear ring and lower opacity so that you create more shadow on the darkside because it's really got shadow to it so use it.

~Finish with cleaning up background, add a bit of usm to defog then sprinkle with a bit of Uncle Bob humor and we're done.<div>00J4xK-33880884.thumb.jpg.d5d19170dff652d9807321a937a25c3d.jpg</div>

Hello everybody,

Ryan there is not any secret:)and that's a short time process (aprx 10-15min).

I open the image, I go image > duplicate image > click OK. For the duplicate image I go image > rotate canvas > flip image horizontal. Now I use the move tool and put one picture on the other, so we have a picture with two layers (layer 1 and background).I add a mask in the layer 1 and decrease the opacity so I can see both faces ( one overlap the other one). Now I'll use the brush tool to cover the black side of the first photo with the bright of the second one. I don't forget to bring the opacity back to 100% when I come to the desired result (photo :)).Now because I created a fat chick face I have to use the liquefy filter to make the right chick thinner. Final results are seen on first photo I posted.<div>00J54e-33883584.thumb.jpg.304fc2f165dbc299f389a175a228de96.jpg</div>