Which would you choose?

jenacolson

I'm a little more partial to option one - I am fond of the panoramic look. That might be a

bit catchier, as panoramics aren't normally associated with wedding work. People have also

been seeing a lot more of the "widescreen" look in commercials, and on DVD's, so it may play

nicely to that trend. Option two does have a nice dynamic, with that motion look, however.

I don't like the placement of the graphic with the image on #3 - it's better served with your

text info. I'm not all that fond of the photo ( the hands look a bit awkward - like he wants to

grab a bit lower..... ) but again, that is a personal preference.

I don't think you could go wrong with #1 or #2.

I like #3<p>

One comment I have is that I think it's confusing that your website URL is

www.weddingsbyvantage.com while your email domain is vantagephotography.com You

should keep things as simple and easy to remember for everyone. Also the first thought that

came into mind was <i>vintage</i> not vantage which some people might not understand.

Prima facie: None.

But, taking the six halves, the reverse of Option 1 (five people), and the obverse of Option 2. (Black)

Rationale:

1. The reverse of option 1 is the most inclusive image that whilst still appealing to the Bride, usually the most emotive decision maker, also includes the family, and presumably the Mother of the Bride, who often is the decision maker.

2. The Obverse of Option 2 is the strongest of the three options shown.

> I'm designing a business card for our updated look. <

If your look is, in fact, to be `updated`, an image of your current business card for comparison might be useful as would a list of the key business changes this new card is to reflect.

WW

Ni Gentry wrote:

> Also the first thought that came into mind was vintage not vantage which some people might not understand. <

This IMO is an exceptionally critical and accurate comment: one which should not be glossed over.

Upon first reading the post, my mind read `vintage` and even though I re-read `vantage` the `vintage` thought was reinforced in my mind upon seeing the dominate Black and White of the business cards.

As it was a `choice` question, and I did not want bias in my answer, I only read the others` responses until after I had posted my choice. Hence this, my second comment.

WW

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

For those of you confused on "Vantage": Vantage, as in vantage point. (i.e. "From my vantage point.") The name isn't changing, though, regardless of the feedback on this thread. It's the business that we've built and people around here don't seem to have too much trouble reading it...or, at least, it hasn't kept us from bringing in business. :)

I'm still playing around with different options, in light of folks' comments. Here's another option for the front...

For Debbie... <p>

Vantage<p>

From Merriam Webster...<p>

1 archaic : BENEFIT, GAIN<br>

2 : superiority in a contest<br>

3 : a position giving a strategic advantage, commanding perspective, or comprehensive

view<br>

4 : ADVANTAGE 4 <br>

<p>

From Dictionary.com

<p>

1. a position, condition, or place affording some advantage or a commanding

view.<br>

2. an advantage or superiority: the vantage of wisdom that often comes with age.<br>

3. British. advantage (def. 5).<p>

<p><br>

Interpretation... Supeioror photography with an advantageous and commanding view :-)

Overall the cards are very bold and masculine, I don't really like any of them as a whole but the BC6 front is may favorite maybe with a different dress back, that one has great curves and a good style for the card but I am thinking mummy, more than bride. I really like the V and P being in different text color. The curves of BC6 and the text are getting closer. The other pics seem to get lost in the hair being black.... I got vantage though.

Ni,

We already have a site at www.vantagephotography.com for our commercial/fashion/portrait work and didn't want to change it. The idea with weddingsbyvantage.com is that "Vantage Photography" as a business is more than weddings, but for our brides and grooms we wanted a specialized site.

Point taken on the info@vantagephotography.com instead of info@weddingsbyvantage.com. We've been debating changing that...

Jena