RB ProSD - Shutter Not Releasing

jacull

I just picked up an RB67 ProSD and have had fun exploring it for the last several hours. I've been through

the manual more than once and have figured everything out except for one:

With the film back off, I cock the shutter, press the shutter release and it triggers as it should. When I

attach the film back, I wind the (imaginary) film, cock the shutter, and the shutter button does nothing.

The shutter button is not locked. I found that if I switch the film back to multiple exposure mode, I go

through the same steps and the shutter releases. These steps also work successfully with the Polaroid

back.

I'm sure I'm just missing something but I can't figure it out. It may help to mention that the film back is a

Pro, and not a ProSD back. If that's the answer to my question then I sure would like to know what the guy

was thinking who sold it to me!

If I have been unclear in the description of my problem, please let me know. I appreciate any help you can

offer.

Thanks!

Jared

I solved my problem: I found out that the shutter will not release on most Mamiya cameras unless there is film loaded. I was trying to do all of the above mentioned methods with an empty film back. I loaded a dummy roll and it worked great. I hope this helps someone else!

I have an RB67 also. If you want to fire the shutter just to test it then push the multiple exposure lever to reveal the red dot, pull the dark-slide out (even just a little to release the interlock) and then cock and fire the shutter. The Pro S will fire like this even with no film in it, so I would expect the SD to be the same.