Leica statement regarding some of the M8 WB and IR related problems

samir

Yes, I posted a link to that on another thread. Seems the need to put an IR filter in front of the lens to combat the purple colour cast is not idle speculation after all. This should make the "never use a filter in front of Leica glass" folks pop a vein :-) </p>

Another thread to watch on that forum is <a href="http://www.leica-camera-user.com/digital-forum/8928-whos-sidelines-now.html">this one</a>. It looks like those who haven't gotten on a waiting list may be in luck, that is if they are still interested.

There are some really interesting comments in the other forum ... fascinating reading! I am definitely not an M8 knocker though. I don't desire to own the camera, but I am somewhat saddened that Leica are running into these problems already. With the way the internet works this is going to be very destuctive for them. When a major manufacturer makes even a small blunder these days the whole world knows about it very quickly!

I was keen to own an R-D1 until I started reading about the problems they were encountering and now would be very reluctant to take the plunge. Conversely, there are a lot of very satisfied Epson owners out there!

I cross my fingers for the M8!