D80 manual

I hope some one can help me. I live in Japan and last saturday I bought a D80.

After all the money I espent on it I call Nikon asking for an English manual

but they can NOT send me one until I send them the japanese one that came with

the camera and that will take a couple of weeks. I'm already sorry to have

changed brands. Until now I had only used Canon cameras in 35mm format but the

last one I had (T90) is broken so I had to buy a digital one. Any sugestions?

Thank you!

Start by going to the setup menu (spanner icon) and set the language to your choice (it's the option after NTSC/PAL and before USB setting). DPreview has a comprehensive description of all the camera controls and menu options in its review, which should be enough to keep you going until you get your English language manual:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/page6.asp

Hi There,<P>

<P>

I just sign up to answer this question :P<P>

This is the 2nd time I hear about Nikon refuse to give English user's manual. <P>

<P>

Last week, Niks Thailand (Nikon Exclusive Distributor in Thailand) refused to help a customer who purchased D80 in Japan.<P>

<P>

And here is my answer.<P>

<P>

Go here and get your D80 eManual.<P>

<P>

<A HREF="http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/noprint/D80_noprint.pdf">Nikon D80 User's Manual </A><P>

<P>

<A HREF="http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/QSG/D80QSG-En_01.pdf">Nikon D80 Quick Starter Guide </A><P>

<P>

good luck!

NAI ART! Thanks a lot! I just down loaded the PDF files. Thanks! Ha!Ha!Ha! They don't let you print it! Do you think people at NIKON think that if we print it we might try to sell it? I find it frustrated coz it is my first Nikon camera and if they can't afford such a simple think like a manual I wonder what will happen if I have a complain. I mean, it is not a $50 camera, for the price we pay I'm sure they can afford an extra manual. Just a thought!

Thanks ALL of you guys!

These ones (from Nikon Europe) you can print. I don't understand the "no print" mentality at Nikon USA - that is just STUPID! The only thing they are accomplishing is pissing off potential customers.<p>

<a href="ftp://RXrcqTCs:WiyHtJRe@ftp.nikon-euro.com/Manuals/ppY_QFonPh/D80-En_03.pdf">ftp://RXrcqTCs:WiyHtJRe@ftp.nikon-euro.com/Manuals/ppY_QFonPh/D80-En_03.pdf</a><br>

<a href="ftp://RXrcqTCs:WiyHtJRe@ftp.nikon-euro.com/Manuals/ppY_QFonPh/D80QSG-En_01.pdf">ftp://RXrcqTCs:WiyHtJRe@ftp.nikon-euro.com/Manuals/ppY_QFonPh/D80QSG-En_01.pdf</a>