Hongkong forumers..

tommy_baker

whats the price of a 5D over there at a good reputable shop that does one of the best deals in town?

just curious. and i'm assuming its a good place to get all sorts of electronic gear like portable storage

devices like the Epson P-4000 or Canon M80 (how much are these) and extreme III cards, price of 2GB

CF and SD cards?

thanks for your responses

There's an electronics supermarket in Beijing. That place sells at whole sale prices. It's a bit cheaper than Hong Kong. They however will not go under the price that Canon suggests as minimum price. To get around that, if you buy third party stuff like batteries or remote cord, they charge very little for it so that you get a deal and they can still put on the canon sale that they sold at the minimum price.

It's easier if you had a connection there though. I had a friend's friend who works there as a manager to one of the stores so I was told about all this and they gave me the lowest price possible without much bargaining. I bought my 20D there april 2005 for about 100 dollars cheaper than BH photo/adorama and considering i didn't have to pay taxes or shipping, it was an even bigger savings.