Mamiya 645 AF come in two months!

wey_marker

heard some guy from Mamiya said he has seen the Modell. And it

will be declared in two months.

So we have more choice beside Contax, Pentax 645. And the Price

of Bronic should be forced to drop! good news!

Perhaps someday one AF 67?

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know what kind of AF motor the Mamiya 645 AF will use? In particular, is the AF motor inside the lens or inside the camera body? As far as I know, the Contax 645 uses motors inside the lens, similar to the Canon EOS line (or Nikon AF-S lenses) in the 35mm world.

• 4 months later...
ok, the 2 month are over, no 645AF around, only multiplications of the same press release over and over. Don't know when the AF will come to the US, but in Japan it seems now to come out September 1, 1999. At Lemon in Tokyo, I have seen a price tag (not the camera!) of 385,000Yen for a complete outfit incl. the 80/2.8 lens (body with the fixed AE prism and winder: 273,000Yen; lens separate 62,000Yen). I assume that these are the list prices, and in the begin, rebates will be more in the 10 rather the usual 25-30 percent range (from the japanese list prices). If you want to extrapolate possible US prices, you might take the non-AF 80/2.8 list price as 45,000Yen = $499 at B&H which would bring the full basic outfit to ca. $4,300. For comparison, a basic Contax 645 outfit goes in the 520,000Yen range (after standard rebates).