Camera Phone

jun_ea

My wireless carrier just upgraded my cellular phone to one with a camera. I

definitely want to use the camera feature but was hoping to be able to upload

the pictures to my pc instead of sending it as an email. (I want to avoid paying

extra charges for my plan.) I looked in the manual and found no information

about how to upload pictures to my pc. Does anybody have information about this?

Thanks.

usually that type of devices come with a USB cable. Hook it up to your PC, chances are it will recognise the phone as a USB drive which will become visible as an additional drive on your PC. If you're running Win XP, click on My Computer and explore drives

Camera phones are not intended to be used as cameras for taking photographs. They are intended to augment the revenue stream of the phone service providers.

That said, do a search for BitPim and see if it will support your phone. You'll need to find and purchase a cable to connect the phone to your PC, but the software is free.

Re <i>Camera phones are not intended to be used as cameras for taking photographs.</i><BR><BR>You must really be kidding. An entire young generation of teenagers with open minds and no negative biases is using cellphone cameras, for images, ignoring your mindset. <BR><BR>I suppose utube and myspace are not really web sites either?<BR><BR>The bias against cell phone cams is real, this is how folks grow old, with closed mindsets.<BR><BR>Cellphone cams are the largest segment in digital image capture, the most common "camera" a teenager uses. For many of them its the only "camera" or video device they own, the sole input for myspace, prints etc. <BR><BR>The better quality 1.3 and 3 megapixel cellcameras are still getting better each year. Mine shoots 15 seconds of video, has light balance, exposure control. Its overkill for selling stuff on Ebay even. As a business asset I can shoot an object or part and forward the image from about anywhere, without messing with a computer, film lab either.

Most folks have rejected using their phone providers fees of handling phone images, and they just download the phones images on a USB cable.<BR><BR>The most common "problem" with cell phone cam images is camera shake. Many of these cameras are only using an effective shutter speed of about 1/30 second<BR><BR>The "download" software is often abit clunky. Many of these cams have the camera show up as a fax device.

I think what Alan meant was that the wireless carriers try to make money from the camera phone feature by forcing you to transfer the image by webmail, which costs money, rather than give you the option of uploading them directly on a pc. My phone was given to me free of charge with my agreement to continue using same carrier for 2 years. It came with no USB, and I was told that the phone was not programmed to enable direct transfer of pic files to the pc. I guess that means that I have to download a software to my phone. The question is where from. Alan, I will check out the site you suggested. And I will look into some of the other recommendations. If someone has even more specific or what they know to be better information, please do tell. I thank all very much.