SB600 won't fire with SB800

chip_hultman

I'm using the SB800 to remotely fire the SB600, which had been working just fine. But for some reason the

SB600 will no longer fire. I've doubled checked all of the settings etc but with no luck. The SB600 beeps

as though it has fired but yet does not fire. And just to be sure tested the SB600 with my D70 and it fires

just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have had this problem too. Triple check your settings - If you don't have the channels set correctly (3 - A), the flash won't fire. If you have the flash head rotated, or the built-in diffuser out, I don't believe it will fire. Also, make your your sb-600 is within range of the sb-800 - I believe the maximum is 20-25 feet. Sometimes the angle of the flash can also affect its ability to receive the flash signal.

I've tried all of you're suggestions (thank you for the help) including new batteries, triple

checked the channel and group settings, but the sb600 still won't fire. It beeps as though it

fired but still won't fire. Very frustrating... oh well. Maybe the local camera shop can test it.

Again thanks for your suggestions.