My business card

andrea_robinson

Hi Andrea,

I would capitalize the web address like this:

AndreaRobinsonPhotography.com

It's easier to read...

Other than that, it looks good. BTW, make sure that when you order prints they put a UV coat. It protects the black ink from smearing.

I know because it happened to me. I ordered black cards and after a while the black ink smeared and became dull.

This was a local job. Last time I go there.

I redesigned my cards and ordered (with a UV Coat for protection)from PrintsMadeEasy.com

Great service and prices.

Hope this helps

Carlos

www.ThirdDayGallery.com

I really like the blue version. It is cheery and artsy. Let me know Andrea if you want me to

send you the original psd file so you can just upload it to the company you are using to

print these. I use http://www.overnightprints.com So I measurements on this card is to

the tee. With them, you can also have a backside too, which means you can upload

another image. This is a nice plus. You can also design 5x7 postcards which are larger

and can fit more images on the card. I think it's important for clients to be able to see

images right away (some of them forget to go to your website). However, if they see more

than one image off the bat, if they are good images, it make an impression on them and

create a desire to take the time to look at your website.

Here's a 5x7 postcard example of mine...<div>00Iavq-33206884.jpg.d64f7f0821682702776141045e5cb18a.jpg</div>

You're funny!! : )

What's your website? I'd love to take a look at your website.

I love designing business cards and the like. My designs are simple yet elegant. I thought

the green ribbon added some color and brought out the green from the boquet.

My website was done by a group of people that I know no one has ever heard of (I am

being super sarcastic about this). It's http://www.bludomain.com

http://www.omatik.com is a cool company that does great websites for photographers.

Have a great night,

Darice

Hey.

Probably not gonna be a popular answer, but may I suggest a graphic designer?

The centered type is too static. The evenly split structure creates two seperate pieces on one tiny card. Like a good picture, the layout should be carefully composed. The script-style font is not that legible, and will be less so printed reversed (the letters won't be printed, the ink surrounding them will, and it will spread, making delicae type possible completely filled in).

The photographs on the cards look great, but the layout and type don't scream professional. Who is your target audience? What are they looking for? Are they young, old, big-dollar or budget seeking? What sort of photograher are you? Classy? Traditional? Contemporary and informal? How does your business card seperate you from every other wedding photographer? Are you just starting out or experienced? Will you still be in business come next June? Your business card needs to imply an answer to these questions. All in a very small space. Like the "You May Kiss The Bride" shot, you need to get every aspect of the card right. There's a reason you're hired and Uncle Bob isn't given the responsibility of shooting the wedding. Don't let your card suggest "Uncle Bob".

Of course, feel free to take all of my comments with a grain of salt, as I'm a graphic designer (student, thus I have become increasingly aware of how much I have yet to learn) and only photographic dabbler. But consider that the business card will be the first impression a potential future client has of you and your work and treat it accordingly.

Dave Roos

Dave,

I thought what you had to say was excellent advice. Very well put. But then, when I

looked at your website it shocked me how your own "design" work didn't seem to be

following your own advice. I can't understand your site and the first page is so loud and

confusing. It is unclear as to "what" you are too.

Other than that, I totally agree with everything you said.

Good response!

Darice

Hmmm... yes.

Well, my webpage s a good place to dump pictures of my dog, but rest assured, it'd be nothing I'd ever consider letting one of my design teachers (or fellow students) even know about. Rather masturbatory, I'll hafta admit. Not the dog pics; the over photoshopped interface.

And I must apologize that until I reread the thread after making my post that I was unaware that you were acting as the designer. Please excuse my rashness. Actually, I like your postcards much better. They're excellent "mini-portfolios". And a delightful choice of photos.

The main point I wanted to make is that much like photography, developing an eye, and the necessary tools to take advantage of it is what graphic design is all about. And like photography, it's an art that the best make seem easier than it really is. Cuz easy it ain't.

Dave

It's no big deal at all. I am no graphic designer and everything you said was very valid! I

took no offense at all. I like to grow and learn more, so it was a plus. Your input was

probably the most beneficial!

I like the postcards better too. I think one image on a business card isn't enough. Some

people think the cards should be kept simple and not overloaded, which I agree; however

having more than one image shows prospective clients that you are good and know what

you're doing. It can also get them hooked to see more thus referring to your website to

see more of your work.

Darice

P.S. Your dog is cute!