Colors do not match

Hello I have Adobe Photoshop CS. I purchased additional software to setup my

own local color management between my camera, monitor, printer and scanner.

I get great results when I print my own pictures. My problem is that I do NOT

have good results when I send my pictures off to be printed else where. Is

there any way I can embed my color profile into these photo images so that the

printing company will actually print the photos with the colors that I want?

Kind of a way to force my proofs into their system before printing the photos?

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Steve

What printer are you using to send out to ? Some print providers color correct on their own, some will give you profiles from their printer , and some wont touch it at all if you tell them not to color correct.

Personally, I use MPIX, and even though they use sRGB, I still have them color correct and Ive been pleased with the results. They have years of experience doing this stuff. I have 2 years. I trust their judgement better than my own ( and im color blind to boot... )

Hi Steve, I'd just second Ed's response. In fact one of the main reasons for color management is so you can move your images from device to device and still get accurate colors. So if you use Mpix (for example) and they want sRGB, it's best to give them your images in sRGB rather than asking them to maintain your color-space. Chances are they couldn't because of the way their equipment is calibrated anyway. I recall accidentally sending Mpix some shots that I left in Adobe RGB and they came back awful. When I used sRGB the same shots looked fine. If you use different labs, ask them what color space they prefer, (chances are good it'll be sRGB) and as a last step, convert your image to their preferred color space, send 'em on and you'll likely get good results. Good luck!

A profile is NOT a color space. A profile contains information to match a specific piece of hardware to a standard. That's why you have four different profiles for your four pieces of gear (more profiles if you use different printer papers) If your setup is accurately profiled, and you are sending files that are in the right color space for the printer than you should get good results if the lab is accurately profiled and has good quality control.

Yep, you don't want to send them your color profile, you want to convert the images to their profile before sending them out. For some places, you're stuck with sRGB. For others, they provide profiles and you can Convert to Profile in PS then save it specifically for use with that output.