Konica C-35 Underwater Housing

I recently purchased the underwater housing for my trusty Konica C35

Automatic. However, I can't seem to figure the blasted thing out! There is a

knob that is supposed to control the focus on the camera. However, I don't

know how that is supposed to happen. The back of the knob has a small lever

that doesn't reach the camera's lense barrel. Am I missing a part?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm baffled! Needless-to-say,

Konica's web site doesn't have any information about this housing.

First time I hear about any other posessors of that thing which I picked up in a Paris second-hand shop years ago. I'll check mine back home how the focus is supposed to work.

BTW did yours come with the flash unit? The u.w. chamber has its own battery chamber which needs two PX825 cells which are even more outdated than the PX625 cells.

Hi Joseph- sorry for the delay in getting back with you. Your housing has the focus distance knob, right? On the camera, there is a ring that mounts around the lens. On 1 side of this ring is a fork. The pin on the inside of the focus knob has a pin that fits the fork. Mine has a flash with disposable flash bulbs

I bought the camera thinking I would take it to Mexico on vacation, but decided to leave it home. So I have never tried the camera underwater.

Good luck

What type of focusing 'knob' do you have on your C-35? I have built several rings out of some two inch diameter schedule 40 PVC pipe and some plastic from a damaged CD-ROM. Get my e-mail from Photo.net and I'll send you some pictures. I have three different rings because there are that many different focus 'knobs'.

Mike M.