IR from digital camera

yes. I know some people use a HOYA filter (dont remember the number) on the shoot, i have

myself a recipe that look pretty close to a IR picture, there is many plugin out there for sure

just use google. I know one of thems call EXPOSURE by Alien Skin, its a set of many effect like

IR, film emulation etc...take a look

I use a Hoya R72 filter on my Fuji S2 and S3. The filter is not that expensive. It is visually opaque, blocks most visible light and transmits IR--transmission curves are available on the manufactureres web site. How senstitive you camera is to IR is another story. What camera are you using?

I purchased my IR filter here: http://www.2filter.com/index.htm

As mentioned, there are also several conversion methods, plug-ins and actions available on the web to simulate this. I haven't really found any that compare to the real thing--shooting IR sensitive films--but I am sure that's a matter of opinion.

And if you search photo.net, you'll find a ton of other links on the same subject! One doesn't even need to obtain a plugin to convert normal images to "pseudo IR." Think about what creates that characteristic "look"...and then try to figure out how to simulate it using color channels!

Sincerely,

Dave