NEW WEB SITE - Northern Landscape Photography

frédéric

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of the Photo.net community for quite a while.

I would like to share with you my brand new (and first) web site.

It is dedicated to Landscape Photography of Northern countries such as Norway,

Alaska, Iceland, Ireland etc...

I would be pleased to have some feedback from you !

www.northernlandscapephotography.com or www.paysagesdunord.com

Thanks a lot,

Frederic

I really liked the site a lot. Is it just a personal site, or is there an objective to it? Thats the only thing I can think of that could have been missing, which is totally up to you. Are you trying to sell/promote yourself? The only other thing is a small sentance that didnt make sence to me. Maybe I just read it wrong.

"The 10 days driving holidays I dedicated to landscape photography in Ireland, where I was living at that time, and the discovery in the magnifying viewer of what I consider as my first good picture, was a revelation."

Maybe it needs to be broken down into 2 sentences that make more sence.

Second site I've looked at today (totally different from the first, and totally different from my own! Hard to imagine that ideas could vary so greatly). Anyway, wonderful photography, and very creative graphics (love the gallery 'map' as a navigator. Very cool (literally for some of the places) idea). Very impressive "press" work too.

Only thing odd to me was the intro page (though it's pretty obvious to most of us who often use the web that if the only thing on the page that turns your cursor to a hand is a photo, that we should click on it... there is some momentary confusion as to "where's the button". Maybe some sort of text to hint at how to enter or...).

The other thing is almost exactly the same. Once you're inside, not sure if it makes much sense to have those two photo's linked to anything. Clicking on them takes you straight to the gallery page, but so does clicking on the "gallery" button. Maybe just leave them unlinked, or link them to a specific location gallery or a specific publication or something. Just thoughts. My page has plenty of weird issues, I'm sure.

www.jmoodyphoto.com

About the other 2 red points: this site is dedicated to the landscape photography of northern countries.

I wanted to put some other photos from others places but without giving them too much importance.

This is why NY, Mauritius, India, etc. end up in the middle of the atlantic ocean.

Fr餩ric

I like the map, though it's a little visually confusing at first. The site is nice and there's some really nice shots on there. I don't really like splash pages, but yours is pretty good - effective and simple. I agree that the "other than northern landscape" stuff probably should be mentioned some other way, because it messes with the map. To my eye, those red dots had me reversion land and water at first.

Ce matin je m'attendait à trouver quelques conseils pour préserver mes appareils du sable, et je me retrouve sur votre site... c'est superbe.

Très bien contruit, à chaque galerie on se dit que c'est un pays à visiter (appareil à la main). Le moins que l'on puisse dire c'est que vos photo invitent au voyage. Bien que les couleurs soit plutôt saturées, tout est toujours très bien équilibré. Félicitation pour cette maitrise, digne d'un professionel à mon sens. J'ai également apprécié votre série de liens.

Vous avez un fan, je montre ce site à tout mes collègues à la pause café !!

En passant, vous n'auriez pas quelques conseil pour un débutant qui part une semaine dans le sahara ?

Encore bravo. Laurent

Answer to J.W. Wall.

Thanks for your constructive comment.

I will indeed put some arrows to go to "next photo" in the next version of my site in the next weeks.

There is already a "mouse over" function associated to the green and red dots which tells the country, this is strange that it does not appear with you.

Frederic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...