W/NW Pictures that Elicit Emotion

ggoodroe

In my years as a Navy Hospital Corpsman, nurse, newspaper reporter and photojournalist, and OSHA safety inspector investigating some gruesome fatalities, I've never experienced an emotional rollercoaster that compares with documenting the life of my nephew, Stewie. He was born in January with a serious heart defect and spent the first several weeks of his life in the hospital.

Even when he was in the condition seen here, post surgery, I felt optimistic about his recovery. He just seemed to have this aura of both serenity and tenacity that indicated he wasn't about to give up without a fight.

He's home now. While he's still facing more medical procedures throughout his childhood he's doing well right now.<div>00FcyA-28778984.JPG.ac8155a6fd0db6a7f36471b9202c855f.JPG</div>

Hi Lex,

Thanks for sharing about Stewie...I don't have pictures but I spent 10 weeks living in the Ronald McDonald House in 1991 to be close to the hospital after my daughter Rebekah was born 10 weeks early and weighing 2 pounds...Children getting sick always tears your heart out.

George

Hi Lex, Glad to hear and see that Stewie is hanging in there. My own little

guy was two months pre-mature, fine now, too much TV I'm afraid, along with

a couple other little premie things... anyway, glad to hear the news, I had been

wondering.

Dennis<div>00Fesa-28830084.jpg.2d739ad277fb5e24d41b4db3c69f1f80.jpg</div>