Creativity - Does Inhaling Help?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be very worried. The US is heading toward the dark ages under the current administration, as it panders to the religious right fundamentalists, aka the American taliban. Great group of guys, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc. They are the descendents of the redneck democrats of 40+ years ago, who have to have someone to hate with Old Testament fury. A thread like this may be verboten in a few years when 1984 dawns.

Lighten up and take a walk on the sunny side of the street.

As millions die of hunger and preventable disease. Lets walk on the sunny side as global warming visites our children.

That's the way the cookie is crumbling dudes but we can always dream on.

Lighten up

I would just love to hold your head over a 3 year child so you coud slowly watch him die of hunger.

The real world we live in.If other lifeforms exist they could only shed tears for humanity and say goodbye.

Sorry to introduce you all to reality.

Randy Santos , mar 11, 2006; 07:20 p.m.

So are we now blaming the Sunny Side of the Street for global warming

Don't talk with your mouth full of burger it's bad manners. I can see right past your rotting teeth into your bulging gut.

Not a pretty sight.

Michael and Randy,

1984 was a very good book, I recomend it. Big brother is here and now, he killed an innocent Brazillian guy. Big brother's 7 pigs shot him at point blank seven times, and actually missed once..... All that in front of a subway car full of onlookers?

That is madness, not creativity.

I think a creative response to that situation would have been to have captured the scene on a camera phone, since big brother wasn't watching........his surveillance cameras were 'turned off'.

Does big brother get stoned? you bet, he sells truck loads or gear and stamps passports at $300 a go.

Anyhow, lighten up, or light up. I'm going for a swim.<div>00FbqF-28749184.jpg.6f1cecc454e618283b8ee35c2373d85d.jpg</div>

S. Linke, correct and actually it was 84% as published by National Geographic.....if you 'believe' them. A photo of ''African hunters with elephant tusks as trophies from the day's hunting'' was posted in the magazine. A very observant reader wrote in saying that in fact the shot was a pose, not real. The tusks had serial numbers from the museum they had been borrowed from....

Kerry, I think Darwin is a little outa date but still he was 'right' and I guess you and I are the 'other' 14% as cited by National Geo.

Picasso could draw and paint without trying, but he was a darn good seller....

Cheers.

An interesting tidbit- in studying the cave paintings in France scientists realized that most of them, the hunt and animal scenes, are actually painted with exact correct perspective. Something that did not occur in the "modern" art world until the mid 1600's (?). Just thought that was interesting. we haven't really changed that much at all in the past 10,000 years.

I'm surprised that in a thread this long, with people from that era, no one has mentioned Carlos Castaneda or some other eminent figure from the 1960's. The purpose of hallucinogenics was to reach higher states of consciousness. Dosage may vary by body type, so it is a risky proposition.

<p>The Mozarts of the world lived in a state of higher consciousness, thus were able to tap into the genius that exists in everyone. The rest of us wallow in the mundane world, catching fleeting glimpses of what can be attained. Spiritual awakenings have the same effect.

<p>I don't know if "stoners" reached any level of consciousness except in getting some Dutch courage, the same as someone on a beer binge.

Douglas, my American father spent most of his creative energy getting stoned and was absent in my life. As a result I decided to take care of myself and let responsible people from stable families have the kids. Seems to work better that way.

I think that ''creative drive'' is not stimulated by isolation, drugs, or money, it is stimulated by COMUNICATION, of various sorts.

Cheers.