Experience with 85mm f/2.8 PC Micro Nikkor

cmonkey

I enjoy using this lens more than most that I have...it's manual operation makes me slow down to compose whatever I am shooting and the DOF is hard to beat stopping down to f45...not as bulky as it looks either as mentioned already you should read Bjorn's review.

Are there any potential dust inlets on this lens? I'm choosing hard between thia and the 105/2.8 AFS VR as my sixth macro lens, so far tilting towards the 105 VR -- but then I already have the Tamron 90 AF, Tokina M100 Pro-D and the 105/4 AIS Nikkor -- this this might be a better choice.

1:2 max magnification doesn't look so great though.

It's a very best macro lens in the market. Very high definition and contrast, total perspective control, with respect of the Scheimplug's rule for total depth of field control in very close up and macro photography. It's very difficult to use, total manual (f/ stop and focus) but ensure the best professional results.

Ciao.

Vincenzo Maielli Bari Italy

Just wondering for those shooting digital w/ the 85PC:

Do you sometimes wish you had a greater degree of tilt/shift since the 1.5x crop factor means one can tilt/shift more while still using maainting image quality (a majority of the image ciricle is still composed of the center)?

Also, does anyone know if nikon will modify the 85PC to accomdate greaer tilt/shift?....or possibly...a DX PC lens with greater tilt/shift!