Poll. Would you buy a Leica Digital M?

andyaitken

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, as long as it retains the simplicity of operation we are used to, with analogue type controls and without more than essential LCDs and LEDs., an excess of which turned me away from bayonet Pentaxes and the rest of the lumpy now defunct better film slr's of the 80's & 90's.

I believe they have made an effort to provide the biggest sensor currently available which can provide good corner quality, & 10.5mp seems big enough. Leica was always also a body to be fitted to a multitude of other functions; I would like to see a few useful new accessories like a pellicle mirror visoflex with a new macro, for close-ups etc. (fat chance)

I will have to buy into digital sometime. Price is an issue for me, I can't believe it is for most of you guys, who seem to be always buying & selling new equipment on whim, while crying poor; 'have to buy a C/V, can't afford Leica'. Can't see you buying all your film at Wal Mart.

YES, but ONLY if it's FF, has 1/4000 sec top shutter speed, Flash Sync of 1/250th, 3FPS with a 12 shot buffer, ISO between 25 and 3200, else I will safe my money for a 5D or it's replacement. Of course if Huw gets his unit working, I am going to start machining my M4-P or adapting my Hexar RF.

Gerry

Yes, if I have the money & the sensor performs acceptably @ ISO 1600. It would be great for doing more paid journalistic-type work, which would help defray the cost. But I wouldn't give up film & film cameras for personal stuff.

I'm only getting one if it's 22megapixels, full frame, under $1000 and has a pleasant smell

to it.

I'd like it to smell like fresh cut grass and wild flowers.

I just hope they dont' bury the "glow" setting in a damn menu.