help in buying my 20D

mimoy_castillo

hi guys, has anybody tried buying from b&h photo?coz i saw in the

net that the eos 20D is $899 only.they say its brand new.is this for

real?i am form the philippines and an aunt of mine is going there in

new york for a meeting this march and i am thinking of asking her to

buy the camera for me.or will i add $200 more and buy from

amazon.com.thanks

Did you actually see this price on the B&H site or was it from somewhere else? There are a lot of scams in the internet that use very low prices as a come-on but they will never sell it to you at the low price. The rice of the 20D will continue to decline as the 30D becomes available. I think it will soon go a little below US 1000.00 at places like B&H.

The lowest price you can fand in the internet is $699 for a new 20D. You can find a link to the advertisement from mobileinc (UK) as a Google AD here on photo.net. But please don't understand this as a recommendation. I don't know anyone who has experiences with this seller and the offering sounds too good to be true.

Ulrich

Here's my rule of thumb. B&H is a reputable seller and has priced the 20D at around $1140 or so. If you see any seller pricing the 20D at near (within $50-$100) B&H's price, you're probably safe. Any price that's too good to be true isn't dependable. Don't go for it Mimoy. You'll regret it. You can also check out most resellers at sites such as http://www.resellerratings.com

<p>There is also <a href="http://www.photo.net/neighbor/subcategory-index?id=2">a section right here on photo.net</a> where people can post their experiences, positive or negative, with various vendors. As others have said, B&H is one of the vendors with a good reputation. There are plenty of other camera stores which have richly earned their bad reputations. If you see a price which is substantially better than the prices offered by reputable vendors such as B&H, you want to check it out very carefully, because it is likely that you will be dealing with a disreputable vendor.</p>