w/nw What is it?

jsc1

I don't have a rubber band ball but I have admired a few on other's desks. I must note that your rubber bands are particularly pleasing with the color and no "twisted" bands.

Back to photography: Was this taken with a Leica or other range finder? I do not yet have a Leica but have read that the system does not work well for macro work. Was getting that close to the subject difficult for focus, exposure, etc?

Victor... I used a Leica IIIf with a coated Elmar 90/4 and a Focaslide. The LTM system, and

E.Leitz, is amazing. There is an LTM "gadget" that enables you to do almost whatever you

want; your imagination is the limit. On the other hand, the Focaslide is tedious and

awkward to use. I much prefer an SLR and a macro lens. I'll take a picture of it and post

it...

Steve W... Nope.

Douglas Herr... Correct. Cracked clay.

And Douglas... your photo looks like a pterodactyl underwater but, what about a "loon"

underwater.

Bertrand, yes. It is the Walt Disney Concert Hall in L.A. More beautiful at night than during

the day, and it is designed to allow for really experiencing the design as architecture, with a

walkway taking you in and around the structure. I recommend visting at night, a real treat.