Nikon would replace the D70s since it's relatively new, but you never

know...<br>

<p>

Looking for some advice for those of you who have been around a while

to know how these release cycles tend to work.<br>

<p>

Thanks much,<br>

Tim

i'm interested in knowing the answer to this too. i've been waiting (since november) to get my hands on a d70s. i would have had to wait regardless of the price because i had no money at the time (poor art student) and now i have just barely enough. i found one dealer with a great price (beach camera-- $989 for the d70s & 18-70 KIT), but if the price is suspected to go down... i think i can handle waiting a few more weeks to find out.

I would wait a few weeks to see what comes out of PMA, unless you have some pressing need for a camera before that. No one knows what cool camera might appear.

Speculation about prices? I'm gonna speculate that pricing will move upwards slightly, based on current economic trends and the change in the fed rate.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I would like a DSLR, can't afford the $1700 for a D200 (but a lot of people apparently can), but would like to see something a notch up in quality or at least sensor size than the 6 meg D70S. I think we're best off waiting until PMA 2006, but to be honest with the recent release of the D200 I would be very, very surprised if Nikon announces another DSLR at this time.

I was very lucky and found my local camera shop to have a D70 display demo with the 18-70 lens for 750.00 I am so happy with this camera. I am learning with it, using M mode alot, my only difficulty is remembering to change the ISO, since I am used to film. If you can find a similiar situation I suggest go for it. I think Ken Rockwell mentioned that today's cameras will do the job fine, and only more experiences users need to worry about big money cameras since they really need the options those cameras hold.

• 2 weeks later...

<i><blockquote> I'm gonna speculate that pricing will move upwards slightly, based

on current economic trends and the change in the fed rate.

</blockquote> </i><p>

The Yen has fallen around 18% in the last year, making Japanese good more

affordable around the world. Thus, I'd expect prices to be the same or even lower.

the low price put up a red flag for me initially, but i checked them out and they seem to be fine... they got a better score than adorama on reseller ratings (adorama got a 5.53 beach got a 9.07), they are an authorized nikon dealer, and they are NOT bait and switch.

so... do you know something i dont know?