RB67 Back Light Seal Replacement

stephen_komp1

well, you could try MAC (what used to be Mamyia America) in NYC. It's not THAT hard (just tedious) to do them yourself and you can buy "kits" where all the seals are pre-cut. The ugly part is getting the old seals out, since they're tar like. Mike's Camera in Denver will do it, but it's not cheap.

• 1 month later...

theres no place in buffalo that will do it cheaply. delaware camera only deals with digital and 35mm. continental camera sucks, theyre prices are outrageous, they arent even nice people. camera camera might be able to, keyword *might*. the repair man there is 91 years old, ask him if he has any experience with light seals. i still dont think i would go there. I too live in buffalo and own an RB67. the first back that i got had bad light seals also, took it to all the shops around, and i just ended up buying 2 more that are perfect off of ebay for only $90.

you could probley replace them youself or just buy ones that are in good shape off ebay. be really careful tho. i think i got lucky. and once again - dont go to continental camera. i have a nikon N80 that needed the battery door replaced, they said it would cost $75 to replace it because they had to take the camera all apart and replace the entire bottom of the camera. i argued with them and so i bought a door driectly from nikon, popped the old one out and put the new one in for about $8.

• 1 month later...

I can send you a kit to replace these for $6, and I've written specific instructions on the procedure, complete with images. You can see the instructions here (along with several others I've written): http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/sealreplacement.html

The kit even includes the felt seal material you'll need to refurbish the cushion pads. In fact, the $6 kit would probably let you re-seal 4 or more RB67 backs.

Jon