Petal Everax A Camera

I would like some advice on how to advertise vintage camera equipment. I need

to know what buyers are looking for and how NOT to get taken for a ride (so to

speak). I have so much vintage equipment to put in the photo.net classifieds

but have no clue where to find the proper information to list such items. Any

advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!!

1. Find somebody locally who knows a lot about classic cameras

2. Take lots of pictures and ask somebody on-line

3. Look on ebay completed auctions

4. Prices on other auctions

5. A classic camera price guide, such as McKeowns.

You will need

A. A price

B. Information on condition (hardest part, you will actually have to be able to hold the camera and test it's functions...)

C. A place to sell

A note of caution: Mr. Toyama only signed on today and has no history on photo.net. I'm not suggesting that he has done this, but someone could post just such a query, not in complete good faith with the intent to genuinely to ask advice, but to solicit inquiries about items for sale. Caution would be appropriate in dealing with a seller who is not 100% candid here.

As for advice: Ebay is the place. Research completed auctions. Include clear photos. Provide information about condition. In most cases start with a low opening bid and no reserve; however this can be a problem if you are new with no feedback yet. Accept the most common payment service. Have your listing end on a Sunday.

Good morning to all. In response to Mr. Iggers comment, my apologies for my ignorance. I had no idea that photo.net had a feedback or longevity scale to determine someone's reliability. :) I've done a lot of Ebay buying but not selling for a few months now. My Ebay feedback is perfect (100% - screen name Maiamoo - please e-mail me through Ebay with any doubts regarding my sincereity of this inquiry) and I'm an honest person just looking for help!! :) Oh, and I'm not a Mr., I'm a Ms.!! :) My father, who is very elderly, is cleaning out all his old camera equipment and asked me to sell some of it for him. I don't have any idea how to grade, appraise, or even find the right market for such items. Any help from true photographers would be greatly appreciated since my photography experience is limited to basic A-1 use, Canon Rebel use, and some digital knowledge. Please contact me with ANY concerns as I would be more than happy to talk. Regards, C. Toyama

For those cameras which you determine may well be of value, it might be worth dealing with one of the "registered trading assistants" on eBay. These are people who will handle the selling for you, and they have their own reputation on the line for how accurately they describe things, and sellers know that they can trust their descriptions.

For instance, eBay seller frendakfurnari is one of these. I've bought things from him, and they were excellent transactions. His knowledge and skill is obvious in the listings. But I've never had him sell anything for me.

Of course, they charge a commission. But, they would only take on items of enough value to make the commission worthwhile. The theory is that they increase the final sale price more than what they charge in commission.

Here is what I have so far. I'm not selling these right now......I just want to find someone who can give me honest appraisals so I can become an informed seller. All of this information is from my Dad so I don't know what some of it means. If anyone wants pictures, please e-mail me privately and I'll send them to you. I am currently researching the selling advocate (on Ebay) that was mentioned in a previous post. I have also been contacting numerous estate appraisers and camera dealers hoping to find help but most have not heard about some of the cameras (like the Petal). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 531

Good working condition

Original case in good/fair condition for age - strap is worn

Carl Zeiss Jean Tessar Lens 1:3.5 f=7.5 cm

Nr. 2153577

Compur rapid shutter

Cord for Heiland flash gun

Obtained new in Japan by my uncles who traded the military ration cigarettes for it!! :)

Numerous Photoflash lamp bulbs No. 31

Heiland flash gun

Good working condition

Purchased new in 1949

Heiland 72-3 cord

Adapter for small M3 flashbulbs

Speed Graphic by Graflex Inc.

Serial # 835407

Lens - Graflex Optar

- 135 mm

- No. 758239

- f/4.7

Kalart Syncronized Range finder

Purchased new in 1949

Excellent working condition - shows normal wear for age

Bellows intact

Lens are clear and unscratched

(1) Speed Graphic Film Pack adapter

Catalog No. 1234

Film still in it

Good working condition

(5) Speed Graphic cut film holders

All are in good working condition and show normal wear for age

Kodak Six 16 Folding Camera

Compur Rapid shutter

Good working condition

Exposure/Light meter

Original leather case is damaged

Da-Brite

purchased in mid-1940s

4X5 developting tank\Adjustable cut film developing tank from the FR corporation of NY

purchased in 1949

Topcon A Camera 35 mm camera

Purchased new in Japan

Lens - Auto - Topcor - Tokyo Kogaku Japan

- 1:1.8

- f = 5.8

Focal plane shutter has a small blemish in it

Original case - normal wear

Camera in excellent - almost like new working condition

Numerous lenses (will get more infor later when I pick them up from Dad)

Canon A-1 with original book

Canon 50 mm 1:14 lens made in Japan

Kalimar 28-200 lens f3.5 - 5.3 Automatic one touch multi-coated macro zoom

Case in excellent condition

Camera is like new

Minolta 16 with instructions

In Excellent working condition

Original case and carrying case in good condition

Original Minolta mini flash gun (fan type) with flash bulbs

Purchased in the 1950s

AND!!!!!

Petal Camera

Everax A with rose engraving

In Excellent condition - never used

Some VERY minor surface scratches that can easily be buffed out

Extra backing

Original parchment/tissue instructions in English

1/25 and 1/8 shutter speed

Original cardboard box (but no wooden box)

No red fabric flag

• 1 year later...

Hi to everyone, there is a very intresting ebay auction just started yesterday:

seller name is ikkisaito, and he is selling Robot cameras, one very interesting Alpa Reflex, and a couple of stunninig miniature ones (a Petal and a C.O.M.I Luxia II).

I cannot make it, my budget does not allow me to bid for those, but pretty sure this can be for intrest of some of you.

Take care!