leica 21-35mm asph on canon eos digital

shinden

No, I have mounted a Nikon lens to my 20D with and got almost L results. No bleached out colors due to mid day light. I bought the adapter on eBay and from what I can remember they sell adapters for Leica R lenses as well. Should you ever try it out, I would love some sample images!

Charles

BTW: The ones that are made in Japan are the best. I bought a chinese version which works well also.

I don't have a 5D, but I use a 19mm 2.8 with my 20D with great results. I used the Fotodoix adapter with mine, a little less expensive, but the build quality was quite good over the generic leica to EOS adapters (cost around 90 US instead of the more expensive 150-175 US)

The consensus on fredmiranda and from Leica expert Erwin Puts is that the 21-35 is an outstanding performer at 28 and 35 on a full frame body, quite good at 24mm, and not that great at 21mm.

This lens does work on the 5D, you just need to remove the plastic shroud on the back.

The FM compatibility chart indicates that it WILL work on the 5D if you take off the plastic shroud. One FM user, however, indicated that on his 5D, he could only use the lens from about 23mm up, or the rear element hit the mirror. (Apparently the position of the rear element changes when zooming?) There is reportedly a lot of variability in the mirror position for the 5Ds. I'd be very interested if you report back after you try it on your 5D, Ladislav. I've been very interested in getting one of these for my 5D, but would also want to be able to use it at 21mm, so if it hits your mirror that would be a deal stopper. Thanks, Howard