My little business card secret

catherine_oostdyk

I was reading the thread just below about creating business cards and

thought I'd share my little secret. I wanted to create my own card on

good quality paper or on photo paper without spending too much. A

little light went off as I placed a business card on top of a stack of

6x4 prints.... it was about a third its size!

I made a 6x4 canvas on photoshop and created a 6x4 print that has 3

business cards on it. Take it to W-Mart or send to Shutterfly and get

3 business cards for like $0.12! What a deal!<div>00FLj4-28342284.jpg.00892f4900861be804b7013de8a9d54b.jpg</div>

Don't believe Overnightprints.com's money back guarantee. I had problems with them losing my order, and then delivering it weeks late with a big green line down each card. So I sent those back, where it took another 2 weeks for them to decide that they had goofed. By this point I asked for my money back, and they refused. Finally they sent me my business cards, but they were printed really dark. I'll never use them again.

Holy Cow! Why didn't I think of this earlier...

[As he looks at his cards printed on photo paper at Wal-Mart...]

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00FLSt&tag=

Might as well make 3 different variations, for different audiences or slightly different text, yada yada yada...

http://www.PEPhoto.com

will barf them out for 8 cents apiece

I like this because if it's one of your photographs they get a true sample yes a small one and if I get them done at my lab of choice @ .29 each then it comes out to $24.00 for 250 cards. Then I can say this is my photo and the paper I use. Thanks for the great idea !

I print my own cards. The primary reason. I will print, usually, 24 custom cards of every gig I do. Each card has an image from the gig. Twelve go into a file and I give twelve to the client.

They are thrilled to see their own image on my business card! What do you think they do with them. Free advertisement for my business.

The other 12 I keep in a file. If a potential clients come in and is interested in family photographs I can pull some cards from my family photograph file. If they are interested in their wedding I can pull some cards from my wedding file.

It's not the only thing I do to promote my business. But every little bit helps. I had one client who subsequently showed four others and they all called me and eventually signed with me.

Hope this helps you.

I had the same idea as Bill. I use an engagement picture of the couple to make up business cards to have on hand at the wedding. I post most of the images from the wedding on my webpage and everyone seems to fine me and ask for a card. I don't like to be obnoxious about promoting myself but the couples, as well as their friends and family seem to view these more like party favors than advertising. I do two to a page and print them as 3x5 images. They are a big bigger than standard but they look great.

Do NOT go with Vista Print!

The quality is acceptable, but they constantly spam you with ads once you give them your email address. After a month of email ads from them, sometimes four or five a day, they started calling the number on my account with recorded messages.

When I emailed them to request they stop spamming, they informed me that I could only issue a cancel request through their customer service line. Guess what happened when I called them?

Two hours of them trying to sell me crap while I had to patiently explain that their sales tactics encouraged me to never buy from them again.