I have made my image adjustments and want to burn them to a CD for friends to

take to a camera shop to print the pictures they want. Problem I see is that

Picassa offers a Gift CD and the format that is burned is a slide show. Can the

photo shops machines stop this and allow picture selection for development? Or

does anyone know how I get Picassa to burn the pictures so they can be used at

a camera shop. Thank You for any helpful advice.

Tim Knight

Hello Tim,

If you have a CD burner with your computer, would you not be able to just drag-and drop the images on the CD and let the operating system's media player (e.g. Windows Media Player) do the rest? I have even dropped the files back on my compact flash and taken that to the print shop...

Will that work for you? of course if your comp is a Mac sorry i cant help (though i think it should pretty much do the same thing)

Diya

When I burn "gift CDs" using Picasa these do not autorun as slide shows on a kiosk at a DIY printer (Aladdin front end for Fuji Frontier, Kodak, etc.). I have to pick and choose which photos to print as well as any edits, if desired. The Picasa "Gift CDs" autorun only on Windows PCs. I don't know about Macs. I don't bother making a second, third, etc., set of still photos apart from those incorporated into the "Gift CD" option.

There are other programs that enable the same or similar features but Picasa seems to be the least demanding in terms of system resources and least likely to crash, even compared with Nero which, otherwise, I like.

Tim you need to EXPORT the images first to another folder if you want to keep all the picasa adjustments you have made, as picasa does not alter the actual image, but instead attaches a file. (non-destructive editing) then you can just drop this whole new folder onto a cd-r in your op..system.