EOS-1Ds Mark III or similar

"Did you happen to see any new wide angle lenses that can actually support this resolution?

Or are we still stuck with Cameraquest adapters and Leica optics?"

Sports Illustrated photographers don't need no frickin' wide lenses! They only use great white

bazookas!

Hm, 24MP is kinda overkill for small format mags like Sports Illustrated. Must be a bitch

transmitting those files over the satphone.

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

From the BS thread at dpreview (which the poster here refers to):

"Amoungst the crowds of white lenses at teh World Cup, there are likely to be a few that are hiding the 1DsIII or whatever they call it - how's about a prize, probably consisting of kudos, to the first dpreviewer to spot and post it?"

If that's not BS I don't know what is.

And how does one go from the text above to "Spotted by folks over at dpreview.com in the hands of Sports Illustrated photographers (and others)"?

I was all set to fork out the cash for that camera that Nels put up until I realised that once AGAIN canon forgot the COFFEE button. How many times do we tell them. Forget mirror lockup and pict print, we need a coffee button?!?

Sigh.

Richard,

RTFM. The "Pee Break Now" button can be custom programmed (Custom Function 45981474581476286251461496845286725148674672) to brew coffee by the time it takes an average human being to pee.

Telling you, this stuff is advanced, dude. Canon rules!

P.S. If you simultaneously hold down the *** button while pressing the "Pee Break Now" button, it turns the nearest Nikon DSLR (within 50 meter radius) into a toaster. Remember, you heard it here first.

Take a closer look at that forum -- everything is dated last year, and the last post is from a guy who spoke with Canon reps that said they don't expect a Mk3 this year.

Shame. That pizza button looked like a really great idea to me.

• 1 year later...