ETRSI & Sunpak 120J TTL

kyo_morishima

Kyo:

You need the Bronica SCA adapter for the Bronica (Sunpak part no BR-1D). This has a dedicated 6-pin circular plug that connects to the camera on the lower left panel.

I have used this combination for several year now using the standard non-metered prism.

Although I cannot verify this, I have heard that the metering system of the AEIII prism is not compatible with the TTL flash system.

Good Luck!

~Ted

• 1 month later...

Kyo,

The TTL system on the ETRSI works idependently of any metering system found in the AE prisms, regadless of which one you own. All the exposure is quanitfied by a silicon cell in the camera body - therefore you could take TTL flash using the waist level finder! There is no interface with the finder in this case. It's all about the flash sending a volume of light which is read by the bodies TTL meter which shuts the flash off when the cumulative exposure is adequate. IT's completely different from the finder metering system. Think of it as just bypassing the flash's "auto metering." THe Bronica manual does have a paragraph discussing the reasons why you should not use the AE III finder with the TTL - in that the AE III finder should not be set to "auto," when shooting indoors or dark conditions, which would attempt to give the camera a long shutter speed (it's aperture priority mode).