What do you think?

chimera_h

Ok...so I got my one studio light and have been practicing all

morning. I'm still working out the kinks and the faces are still

slightly shadowy. I'm hoping I can improve in a week before the MK event.

Please let me know what you think of this picture. I shot some with a

white background as well.

Thanks!

Paige

your lighting is fine, for more "fashion" I would go more for butterfly or "hollywood/paramount" lighting and have a piece of foamcore for your subject to hold intheir lap to bounce light up under the chin and under the eye sockets, that takes a few years off. Also another trick I almost always use with women is to shoot down at them. Stand up on a chair and shoot down and have them look up at you, this tightens the skin and takes more years off. There is an example in my gallery. Just pull your light closer to you and put your camera against the softbox and have your hood on your lens so you don't ghost. The soft filter, whatever you used is good too, but if you are just doing a gaussian blur, do it on a upper layer and mask off the eyes so there is sharpness in the eye, it makes it pop and keeps color strong. For posing, never shoot a woman square. Use some of the posing guides on the links above, and if you are shooting from an up angle some ladies like to have a little sexier look with a little cleavage after they went to all that trouble to doll themselves up so try to make them beautiful!