calling all colleges.net users

crystal_schutz

I am interested in a new site, but I need something that allows my

bride and groom to select which images they wish to keep private.

most brides I know don't want to show off their nudies.

I also need a site that allows me to offer gift certificates and

perfeably my own discounts.

Does colleges.net allow this? If not does anything else that you

know of?

Thanks,

"<i>I use archival quality DVD's"</i><p>Manufacturers like to make such claims, but their guarantees only provide for a blank replacement disc if (more like <i>when</i>) the discs fail to last. So far, even the best "gold" discs have been shown to fall far short of predictions. And how many people realize that how a disc is stored can have a major impact on its lifespan?

Paul,

<So far, even the best "gold" discs have been shown to fall far short of predictions.>

Based on what data that you know about? Just curious. Delkin is claiming 300 years on their Discs. Granted, none of us will be around then, nor will present recording technology even be relevant, but I would like to be able to state with some confidence that the discs will last far, far longer than any aluminum coated disc. What data are you accessing that would suggest the 300 years is way off?

In regards to Collages.net I do not believe there is a way to keep specific images "private." If a bride does not want certain images published I take them off the site. The site is password protected, so only people who are invited to see the site have access to it.

Unfortunately Collages.net does not offer gift certicates (would be a nice option).

You can set your own prices for prints, etc.

All images in a collages.net gallery are public (with the password.) You cannot set permissions for individual images.

Collages.net looks great, and even has a decent back end, but they are horrifyingly exepensive! I'm switching to smugmug.com

You could do this a number of ways on smugmug.com. The simplest would be to just create a gallery and make it private. Then, only the people who you give the direct URL can access it, and you can put a password on it, too.