5D with lense/accessory $300 rebate in Canada

jim_b5

Hi,

Henry's in Ontario (www.henrys.com), Canada is showing a Canon $300

rebate on a 5D body when an EF lense, flash or battery grip is also

purchased. The 24-105 L lense is excluded. Dang! Offer apparently

only valid in Canada until June 30th.

Jim B

Check out hitcamera.ca, they're on Avenue Road in Toronto, and Aden camera, near the Eaton Centre (adencamera.com). Hitcamera has the body for $3540 and Aden has it for $3699. Henry's often runs silly promotions that really don't add up to much and their current price for the body is $3999.

I would not buy anything from Henrys, They charge to much even when there stuff is on sale.

Hitcamera.ca seems to have the best prices in Canada for a little guy but I have never bought anything off them. I have bought most of my stuff from CameraCanada.com they are very good to deal with but Hitcamera.ca beets there prices too. By the way the 24-105mm F4L IS lens is very nice you will like it. :o)

DK.

Hello,

Yeah, I seldom shop at Henry's because of their prices (they've recently come to Ottawa and have opened three new stores in the area over the last 2-3 years). This rebate is not a Henry's special, it's from Canon Canada and yet I haven't seen it offered by other retaillers (Vistek, for example).

I was hoping for a no-strings rebate on the 5D. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think it's still a better deal to order from B&H, pay duties, exchange, shipping and avoid a few hundred dollars in provincial sales tax. If B&H shows a $US 300 rebate on the 5D I'm going to kiss film goodbye and jump the digital divide for some 5D goodness :)

Jim B

A rebate is being offered in Europe too. I keep searching this forum every day to see if it's

come to America yet. I'm ready to buy the camera and would not be very happy to see the

price drop the day after I get it. If they have it in Canada I would think the US will be next.

Looks like it's worth waiting for another couple of weeks.

I am comparing Canada options: they SEEM like thus (including 28-105 L IS lens and tax):

Henrys $6,260.60

Parsons $5,921.35

Robinsons $5,192.71

Hit Camera Ltd $5,635.00

Aden Camera $5,978.85

www.cameracanada.com $5,953.55

But ther $300 rebate is interesting IF you want a different L lesn. I wanted the 28-105L but that is excluded from the rebate. Other options, anyone?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...