I am in the middle of designing some business cards for my

Children's Photography business. Here is what I have so for but I am

not happy with the wording and I am having a creative block. If any

of you fine people have any ideas please jump in..I will be making

seperate cards for my high school seniors,small wedding, and other

photography..... Thank you

Elaine Marie

Emily,

That looks great! So much more professional than the one I did. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out here. I printed some out using your design and they turned out great. I will be designing more with other photos but you gave me some new basic ideas to use. Thanks so much

P.S. Emily how do you get those thin lines that frame the pictures. I know how to make big borders but not thin like that?

Elaine Marie

Elaine Marie

Glad I could help... As far as my borders, I just adjust the canvas size first by 100 px (one color) and then choose another complimentary color and adjust the canvas size by only 10 px which makes the thin line and then I use the first color and adjust the canvas again by 400 px.

Emily<div>00FNXW-28388984.jpg.851d8cb6615c5eba0b14b9d2ef3cb7cf.jpg</div>

Elaine, I like Emily's ideas. Don't worry about creative wording, just keep it simple and let the image speak for itself. Here's just a thought -- Is your name at the top your logo, or just your name typed out? One thing that really helped me to pull the look of my cards together was a common logo on all of them. Just a thought. You've got great photos! By the way, I use multiple images on my wedding card, but just one on the rest.<div>00FNZN-28391284.jpg.49fa7e368ea34085d446da3dec0a7b03.jpg</div>

hi elaine,

i think a combination of your card, dawn's idea of putting the words on the back, and emily's idea of putting a black strip across the top with your name in white would be nice. that way, you see the beautiful image, can see your name better, and have all of the info on the back. i like your wording. good luck!

amy

Jill, <P> Thank you for your response. I love your cards they are beautiful. Do you have your phone# and info listed on the back of them? By logo, do you mean like the JH you have over your name? I like that but I dont know how that is done. I have very limited text on PS elements which is what I use. Thanks again<P>

Elaine Marie<div>00FOrn-28416284.jpg.070166a94deb95977a361ce667ff53cd.jpg</div>

Hi Elaine, when I first printed the card with the child, it was last minute right before a Fall Festival at our school, where I had a package up for silent auction. I had them printed as 4x6 photos, I bought labels at Staples (2x3?), printed pricing and other info on them (this was before I had a website), and stuck them on the back. You can get cards printed front and back at a printer (or do it yourself) on two-sided paper. I'm getting more cards printed, but I will very soon have a website up, so I'm going to print minimal info on the front and leave the back blank. I guess I'm going for simple and cheap:) (Although personally, I think having them printed on glossy cardstock at a printer looks more professional than printing them like photos, that's my next step) ....It took me a while to get my logo where I wanted it, a lot of playing. I use PS elements too. I just did the J and H separately in their own text boxes, did a larger font than the rest, and then moved the text boxes until I liked how it looked. Your's looks fine by the way, I was just curious. I, too am still in the process of creating my look and marketing myself. Have fun!

Jill,

You must be a night owl like me. Never to bed before midnight or 1:00. Love your new card, beautiful picture. Thanks for the logo info I have seen many logos but never was sure how to create them.I will be checking back to see when your site is up. I am anxious to see your work...from what I've seen it is beautiful. Do you have a studio or do you work on location?

Thanks

Elaine Marie