carl zeiss lenses for nikon

jermaine_scott

a waste of time until nikon announce a full frame digital. then it'll be a must have for anyone who needs a 50 that's sharp all the way out to the corners. look at the number of canon users that are using zeiss or leica glass on their 1ds Mk II's. those big sensors are murder on lenses.

The Aperture mechanism is totally new, reworked to improve the Bokeh over the C/Y mount

version, otherwise it's optically similar.

I've definitely got my Eye on these. Be nice with my F3.

The bokeh on the Contax/ Zeiss 50mm 1.4 sucks? As far as any 50mm I've ever used, I've always found the bokeh to be quite pleasing and retaining more background detail than any other I've used.

The only time I use the lens is at candid capture of parties and weddings though. Otherwise, I generally use my "Holy Trinity" of 85mm, 100mm and 135mm for my portraiture and fashion shooting.

It is nice to give the Nikon user a choice and those with the Kodak/ Fuji and Nikon cameras should be pleased... but I don't understand the move. I know that Kyrocera still holds the licencing of Contax. If Zeiss wants to make serious manual focus lenses for digital, then it should be where the camera can easily do Manual Focus. I haven't noticed that these cameras have a split prism or any sort of focus aid.

I still shoot film only, though I will step up into Digital later this year (finally). I won't be giving up film entirely, though.

I of course have my fantasy digital camera. Rolleiflex ought to bring back the SL2000 series, be able to offer a digital back (full frame) and the film backs as well. The camera was just 20 years ahead of it's time. Then, the Zeiss MF lenses would entirely make sense.

Jer

• 4 months later...